Now this is a story, all about how my life got turned upside down..

I must admit that whilst writing this i am definitely feeling the sorry effects of last nights cocktails and even achey muscles from dancing endlessly (and badly) to good old eighties tunes for one of my dear friends birthday. I thought i would show you some of the bits and bobs i used to beautify oneself, and show you a snippet of my outfit to make up for the miserable forgetful memory of taking a proper outfit shot at the start of the night - i blame the rum!
Katy Perry for Eylure Sweetie Pie Lashes - Boots (£5.95)* / Kimberly Illiminating Body Butter - Boots (£7.95)* - Xen Tan Dark Intension Lotion - Feel Unique (£21.95) 

I wore this cream shift dress that i purchased from the Topshop Outlet last year, this beautifully embellished bargain has been impatiently waiting to be worn, and last night i couln't resist. Teamed with my raspberry clutch from as per usual Topshop and a navy Zara blazer it certainly called for some much needed tanning.

Enter Xen Tan Dark Tanning Lotion, the biggest fake tan mistake known to man. Having used a sample of the Luxe Tanner last summer i was blown away by the sheer intense olive colour i developed over one night, that lasted an actual entire week. The Dark Tanning Lotion blew me away, in terms of its shitness. After slathering it on with tanning mitt, then washing the guide colour of the next day, i awoke with barely a hint of bronze. Annoying when a bottle retails at £20, yet its drug-store cousins can do a better job at a fraction of the price. Another application, slowly getting there, another application and i look like faded fake tan. Xen Tan reckon its my levels of melanin in my skin pigmentation, i beg to differ. Such a shame when their Luxe Tanner (at an eye-watering £29) is the bee's knees. Bugger.

I then slathered on some Illuminating Body Butter by Kimberly from Girls Aloud that i received in a press goody bag. Random i know, but it's an extension of the GA Eylure lashes. This isn't a product i would ever personally reach for on the shelf in Boots, many because the word illuminating usually translates to glitter in my books. But in-fact this coconut and shea butter scented is actually pretty darn good. It adds very subtle shimmer that catches in the light, very moisturising and perfect for the legs. I would definitely throw this is my luggage for hot holiday evenings.  

No night out would be complete without a set of offensive false eyelashes. This pair are part of the new Katy Perry range from the eyelash Gods, that are more commonly known as Eylure. I hadn't really heard too much about this range prior to trying them, but after having a little chat with the CEO of Eylure (yes i know!) Katy Perry actually designed every lash and all the copy for the packaging, and used them religiously for her Round the World tour last year - impressive much. Needless to say, i settled for 'Sweetie Pie,' a fluttery romantic pair, easy to apply and job done.

I hope you enjoyed this post and can look past the awful drunk photos. Have you used any of these products? 

Post Title : Now this is a story, all about how my life got turned upside down..

Now this is a story, all about how my life got turned upside down..,

Now this is a story, all about how my life got turned upside down..

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...