Holiday Essentials

When I travelled to Cuba last year, the sheer amount of clothes and toiletries I packed was borderline ridiculous. It got to the point I was changing outfits during the evening just to prove my parent's 'I told you so' glares were completely in vain. Better still, when it came to purchasing this years holiday attire I literally whipped off the tag's of last years never-been worn bits and threw them in the case for next weeks travel shenanigans. I did however totally give in (of course) and purchased a few necessities..

Vests - Primark (£2.00) / Straw Hat - Accessorize (£9.00) / Flipflops - Topshop (£3.00) / Shorts - Boohoo* (£8.00)

I hoard hundreds of plain white vest tops, they are the secret to my style (ground-breaking news here people). I layer under knits, dress down glam skirts/bottoms and generally pair with everything I own! I bought a couple of cheap throw away vests for wearing by the pool and matching with most things I have thrown in the case. Beach holidays always call for a new straw hat, and would you believe it it took serious shopping to find the right one? Acessorize is always a good shout for beach wear all year round, and there's a great little store in most duty-free's for last minute purchases. A new pair of flip-flops for £3 in the sale that really couldn't be left on the shelf and a floral pair of red shorts to really show of my fabulously (fake) tan.

Shampoo and Conditioner - Pantene (from £4.69) / Leave-in Conditioner - Aussie (£4.49) / Soap - Dove (£1.35) / Hair Oil - VO5 (£5.19) / Suncream - Clinique (£17.00) / Exfoliating Gloves - Primark (£1.00)

I'm not really one for splashing the cash when it comes to holiday toiletry essentials, its back to basics. Slathering on masses of Pantene shampoo and conditioner has become a holiday ritual, cheap as chips they completely overhaul my dry sun-damaged lockes back into condition. Spritzing on Aussie's leave in conditioner, for around the pool combats tangly sea-salt tresses and locks in nourishment. I do also have a penchant for running the VO5 Miracle Concentrate through my ends in the evening, to keep frizz at bay and keep things super shiny. Dove soap is also a winner, it won't become a leaky mess in the suitcase and the cream doubles up as the perfect shaving lather for super smooth pins. Not forgetting the freaky MJ worthy hand exfoliator gloves, which help rid of dead skin for optimum tanning (need all the help I can get really). Another firm favourite is the Clinique SPF 30, this very thick war paint is a saviour for my burnt ears, shoulders and the tip of my nozzle! 

So there are my must-have holiday bits and bobs! I fly next Thursday, and the most important thing i demand you tell me: What would you pick up in duty free? I need some excuses.  
Post Title : Holiday Essentials

Holiday Essentials,

Holiday Essentials

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...