My Stashe

With the holidays fast approaching - ooh how American of me - I've started to think about presents already. Admittedly I have circled the Boots Christmas Catalog to death (hello Philosophy Holiday Sets) but before I start writing any lists it's time to start saving. Whether we like it or not, they must only be maybe two (or three if your lucky) pays days left before Christmas, er scary!? I decided to put on my creative head and get my craft on. Taking inspiration from this image on Pinterest, I created my very own 'My Stashe' - perfect for saving pennies.



I hot footed it to Hobby Craft to pick up a medium size jam jar (sadly I'm not actually that patient to race through an jar of actual marmalade) and not forgetting a permanent marker pen from Sharpie. I recycled some pink card from an envelope to create a bright topping for the lid and cut out a perfectly sized moustache. I then stuck the circle lid shape on with double-sided sticky tape and glued the moustache on carefully with a glue stick. I traced 'my stache' in pencil before to position the phrase perfectly, then lined over with my blackest black Sharpie, Ta Dah! Super easy, super funny and a great way to save. Afterwards I popped in some baby pink tissue paper inside to conceal my pennies from prying eyes (18 year old brothers mostly).

Some of you may remember my last Chanel fund / slash / gift wrapped tissue box.. well that saving marklarky went swimmingly till I crumbled, tore the box to shreds within minutes to buy a Marc Jacobs bag, McQueen bangle and a holiday. Whoops! Fingers crossed this doesn't meet the same fate!

Are you a good saver? This would also be a cracking little DIY project if a man-friend is embarking on 'Movember' soon!
Post Title : My Stashe

My Stashe ,

My Stashe

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...