I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones i used to know.

Motel Gabby Sequin Dress - Motel (Gifted)
Black Body-Con Skirt - H&M (£1.99)
Red 'Hollywood Lipstick' - 17 at Boots (£3.06)
Red Pumps - New Look (priceless due gammy leg)

After attending the Motel press day month or so go, i was kindly offered a piece from their new A/W collection. My heart was quickly sold completely on the Gabby dress, its a very well fitted sequin mini-body-con dress that is simply amazing. I had been waiting for the right moment to wear it, as it is rather statement, when last night it made its debut at my work's Christmas party - gotta have a touch of sparkle!  I love the fact that its long sleeved and it dips low at the back, but not low enough to have the mad frantic 'ohmygod- you can see my bra!' Another thing that drew my eye was the fact that unlike other sequin dresses on the high-street currently, the sequins are sown onto a black material rather than being really, really heavy sequins all over, and well, looking tacky. 

However, as some of you may have seen from my Twit Pic, you either have to be incredibly brave/daring/slutty or just short to wear this dress because it is literally so short. It just about covers my derrière at a push, and to even think about dancing in it gives me (and my dad) nightmares. This actually really saddened me, its such a beautiful well fitting dress, why/who on earth would wear such a short dress? I'm no stranger to the shorter hemline but crikey. Thankfully my hair dresser came to rescue with the idea of wearing a short black body-con skirt underneath to give it a touch more length. A tip that not only paid off, saved my modesty and allowed me to wear such beautiful dress whilst frantically jumping up and down to Come On Eileen. 

Despite its length issues, i really highly recommend this dress, it really does fit like a glove and i'm truly in love with it. I think it would make the absolute perfect New Years dress, especially now in the sale at £29 down from £59 - bargain! Sort out your hemlines Motel - or maybe i'm too old fashioned?
Post Title : I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones i used to know.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones i used to know.,

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones i used to know.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...