I came along, I wrote a song for you.


In the new year I swore to myself a number of beauty rules, or resolutions if you please, that I would follow for the remainder of the year. So far so good, I followed suit with slathering on body lotion after showing every night, to letting my brows grow and keeping the tweezers at bay, remembering to use heat protection on my lockes (guilty as charged) however failing completely in the nail growing department, well you can't have it all can you? One thing that I religiously stuck by was rather random, yet something I am very thankful for battling on with. Foot care. Not going to lie, it pretty grim and mundane, but you gotta do what you gotta do eh?


Since January I have slathered my footisies in an assortment of creams, lotions and potions. Keeping them preened and pedicured to perfection, oh la la. With summer hopefully about to spring, my feet are oh so thankful I bothered. Because trust me ladies, after taking the tube for the last six summers I can tell you now, I have witnessed some of the most hideous feet that man-kind has witnessed. Its all in the prep, trust me.

Every Sunday, or technically when I can remember I start with removing all nail varnish only toes, also giving the nails a good file into shape, clipping them so they aren't too long, and buffing away any ridges on the nail.


Flake Away - Soap and Glory (£7.00) / Foot File

Next i like to exfoliate the heels and under-areas of my feet to remove all the dead skin cells. I use Soap and Glory's Flake Away on dry skin, buffering all areas of my feet including the sides and top. Then I let  my feet soak in nicely hot water to relax and wash away all the exfoliator. After patting dry, I then take a foot file and rub away any of the remanning hard skin to fully remove any build up of hard skin (ew). It's best to do so after soaking, as the skin is soft and easy to file away. These steps will literally put a spring in your step and if you spend a lot of time on your feet at work or commuting this is heavenly after!


Nourishing Foot Cream - Neutrogena (£6.15) / Hemp Balm - Body Shop (£1.00) / Coconut Oil - Boots (£2.54)

Next up I like to slather, slather, slather my feet in cream to fully moisturise and get those footsies as smooth as a baby's bottom. I use a variety of lotions and potions of which I use every night after showering, switching them up daily. First up is Neutrogena Foot Cream, this thick nourishing cream sinks in immediately, perfect for combatting hard heels or very dry skin. The next two are balm/oil type textures, of which aren't too intensely moisturising but over time really soften hard skin and are a lovely pampering treat to use. Previously I have tried and really loved Trilogy Every Thing Balm, rather pricey but so worth it. Now I switch up between a Boots Own Ingredient Coconut Oil, a hard balm that softens into an oil when rubbed in. And a recent bargain purchase, the Body Shop Hemp Balm I bought in the sale for a mere pound! Then I pop on some fresh cotton socks to let it all sink in and let my feet drink up the nourishing cream.


A few hours later, I swipe a quick cotton pad of nail varnish remover over my toenails in prep for nail polish - this creates a clean base for polish, ensuring all the moisturiser from earlier is removed which may effect the longevity of the varnish. I always use a base coat in the form of Sally Hanson, to ensure the varnish doesn't stain the nail. Next up I paint what-ever colour takes fancy, recent favourites include Essie 'Cute As A Button', then a thick layer of top coat of Seche Vite to instantly make them dry and ensure they don't chip!


Base Coat - Sally Hansen (£5.50) / Cute as a Button - Essie (£7.99) / Tequila Sunrise - Rimmel (£4.59) / Seche Vite - Amazon (£7.15)

I hope this helps, or motivates you to do something about those pesky, unsightly feet we have. If England should be graced with a summer this year, its vital we should be prepared, or really you should ditch those sandals for the sake of my eyesight please! My rather lovely colleague at work Hannah has uploaded a video on her YouTube Channel all about foot-care, more in-depth if you should fancy a butchers, she truly knows her stuff!

Do you keep up any foot regime? From working in granny retail for the last six years, I cannot tell you how 'unsightly' your feet will be when your eighty odd - now if that don't motivate you..
Post Title : I came along, I wrote a song for you.

I came along, I wrote a song for you.,

I came along, I wrote a song for you.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...