GHD: Style and Protect

This week is officially the start of the birthday celebrations, turning the somewhat pointless age of twenty three on Wednesday I may have already celebrated with a few too many strawberry daiquiris! I was also throughly delighted to receive a very lovely gift from ghd, their beautifully presented Style and Protect Gift Set, perfect for creating any sleek hairstyle.

ghd is a brand I've dabbled in slightly, but not with what you may expect. Famous for their iconic straightening irons, they have never appealed to me on the basis that I have rather fine hair and not really having much of it, so I can really get away with any bog-standard set of straighteners. However, one Christmas I was surprised with a ghd travel hair dryer set and it was hand's down the best dryer I had ever used. Of course the little blighter did eventually die, after using it religiously every day, whoops. The ghd Style and Protect Set contains a large paddle brush, Straight & Smooth Spray, Final Shine Spray and two large sectioning clips.
The classic ghd Paddle Brush is designed to help blow dry large sections of hair, retailing at £20 it instantly makes the set rather good value for money. Having never owned a paddle brush I was rather excited to try as now my hair is so much longer, it really does make brushing a dream - keeping my hair sleek and smooth. However as my hair is so fine and as i'm really not that blessed in terms of the amount of hair that graces the top of my head, I can literally brush my entire head of hair in one sweep. Impressive, if not a little depressing. Still preferring to use a rounded brush for blowdrying, the paddle brush does work wonders for detangling and keeping hair smooth. Definitely one to look into if you have thick hair.

The Straight & Smooth spray is a styling product designed to keep hair sleek and de-frizzed, additionally it is also infused with a heat protection agent, perfect for straightening. What I love about this product is that it can be used on either wet or dry hair, something I really struggle to find when searching for a heat protection spray. The majority of the time I straighten my hair in the morning after it has air dried over night, I find that most heat protector sprays are designed to only to be used on wet hair; or if they are suitable for dry hair it makes the ends all dry and crackly - eurgh.  This lightweight spray has been a well-loved new discovery, it feels very light-weight in the hair and evenly distributes product. I now have no excuses for not using a heat protectant - guilty as charged!
I have tried my fair share of shine sprays over the years, from professional to hight-street, often being disappointed with the longevity of the shine and some making the hair appear rather greasy. I wasn't expecting great things from the ghd Final Shine spray but I was pleasantly surprised. I wore this on the weekend to my birthday meal and was impressed by the level of added shine it provided and how it lasted to the end of the night. Like the Straight & Smooth spray it was super light-weight and I will definitely be saving this for special occasions.

All in all I think this set is perfect for dare I say, popping on your Christmas list, I may have completely missed the boat on the straighteners, but ghd is really so much more. I may have to indulge in the ghd rounded brush in attempt to give myself that 'at-home but wish I could copy my hairdresser's perfect blow dry'!

Have you tried any ghd products? 
Post Title : GHD: Style and Protect

GHD: Style and Protect,

GHD: Style and Protect

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...