The Trench Edit

With the chill of October coming on rather too suddenly, I have found myself reaching for one of my most worn, classic items I own in my wardrobe: the trench coat. The ever so stylish trench was designed by no other than Thomas Burberry for army officers to protect from the harsh winter weather. Revving it up the 21st century Christopher Bailey has bought the trench slap bang up to date, with a rather metallic quality street offering as shown in the S/S13 collection here, the trench coat remains a classic staple.
Trench - Zara (£69.99) / Piped Detail Mac - Warehouse (£85.00) / Mia Mac - Oasis (£120.00) / 
Trench - Zara (£69.99)

Whilst I may not be able to afford that iconic check print lined Burberry trench coat just yet, I bought a fabulous offering from Topshop a few years back. The trench's classic, simple tailoring allow it to be worn with absolutely everything, from your standard parisian stripy bretton top, tapered jeans and ballet pumps, or lazily thrown over cocktail dress for evening adventures. First rules of trenches are to always, always tie the straps to the back for a relaxed style, secondly to roughen things up around the edges roll the sleeves back to add an edge.

Taking your trench from Autumn to Winter can be easily done, as can changing the appearance of your look. Wearing my trench day in day out, it can become a little boring but swapping accessories can pull a completely different mood or style. I alternate between an oversized chunky grey scarf from Zara, unbelievably cosy for chilly mornings but adding a bold statement; or mixing things up with a faux fur stole I picked up from H&M. Adding instant glamour and luxe, the faux fur transforms the trench in to a completely different coat. I come back to my trench every season, just changing and twisting things up here and there! Invest in good quality, shape and shade. With a few dry-cleans inbetween, it will last you and your wardrobe forever! 

Faux Fur Stole - H&M (£12.99) / Studded Umbrella - Burberry (cough £595.00) / Belted Trench Coat - French Connection (LOVE) (£165.00) / Cableknit Scarf - Topshop (£16.00) / Tube Scarf - H&M (£7.99) / Wellies - Hunter (£85.00)

Do you own a trench? In other news I filled three bin-bags full of charity shop cast-offs today and my wardrobe loves me for it. I'm exhausted!
Post Title : The Trench Edit

The Trench Edit,

The Trench Edit

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...