It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

Photobucket

Sometimes working and studying in London, the city somehow begins to fade and becomes one big commute from a to b. Taking the time to be tourists in our very own city, Hannah and I nipped into town for some last minute Christmas shopping and general London adventures. Working our way around Knightsbridge we had a quick feast of Wagamamas in Harvey Nicks (chicken katsu curry for the win), got completely lost in the Men's designer department then trotted off to Harrods to check out their very disappointing and lets me be honest seriously pants Christmas department. Their pet department however, is a completely different story, containing serious cute overload. A Harrods puppy may set you back a seriously cool two k, but I want one - who even knew Harrod's sold puppies?

Photobucket
Photobucket

I then hot-footed it to Daniel Galvin Junior's salon where I was kindly invited to have my very first blow-dry, working my best K-Middleton curls, I was completely smitten. Feeling seriously glamourous, tousled and polished, I picked up a few tips on how to blow dry my fringe at a certain angle to create bundles of ummph. I'm also currently loving the effects of the Organic treatment that was provided, it has restored hydration, certainly locked in shine and given it a good old detox from pesky product build-up - all slathered on whilst I watched an old episode of Ab Fab! The best way to start the new year with fresh, healthy hair, hopefully to stay that way. And now I've finally bitten the bullet, I wouldn't think twice about booking an appointment with my local salon for a blow-dry should a fancy occasion arises, oh la la. 

Hopping on over to Oxford Street, we made a dash for Burberry store on Regent Street to check out their rather glam cosmetic concession in the store. Fighting against the rain, my blowdry did manage to power through - mainly thanks to half a can of old school Elnet spritzed on! Slightly soaked we hopped on in where we were met with amazing customer service. High-end make up counters are reknown for their notorious shitty sales assistants, completely unhelpful in every way and entirely caked in most of the product range. Burberry however was a fresh of air, whisked in and seated at their fabulous make-up stations with a freshly brewed cup of tea, Hannah and I were left to swatch till our hearts were content..

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Swoon.. if only I could take one of these counters home! Alas, all was well as I managed to clasp my hands on the infamous Pale Barley eyeshadow, after searching for weeks and stalking out many a department store - who knew an eyeshadow was such in demand?

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sadly I have to wait till Christmas before I can finally give it a whirl, but the ever so lovely sales assistant kindly gave us this dinky little sample pack. Four key lipstick shades (Beige Nude is singing to me), the tiniest lip brush and two shade samples of their sheer foundation, I cannot wait to bust these out. I would seriously recommend popping in for a good look at what the range has to offer, even for a good old cup of tea! The assistants are very down to earth, offer great advice and bonus points for offering make over consultations.. NYE anyone?

Where's your favourite place to visit in London? I'm torn by the V&A and Kew Gardens, though no department store can beat Selfridges. Also, go follow Hannah's YT channel - I rave about her constantly for a reason ladies!


Post Title : It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..,

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...