Thought of the Day

Photobucket
Sitting pampered and preened wrapped up warm, I have throughly thrown myself into the festive season. Whipping out my dinky Deborah Lippmann sparkly red varnish and indulging in my Philosophy 'Joy' shower goodness*, it's fair to say Christmas has officially arrived. In fact I may already have thrown myself a few days forward, in a moment of weakness I did scoff day 5, maybe day 6 and definitely day 7 from my Cadbury's advent calendar, quite tragic really. I feel quite chatty, so lets chat.

Firstly a new love, let me introduce you to Fashion Industry Confession's blog (link), dishing the uttermost dirt and goss on the fabulous happenings in fashion industry, lets say a few feathers are sure being ruffled. Turns out I'm not the only one a little sick of seeing Cara Delevingne's face adorning every ad/runway/editorial everywhere? She's cute but meh... meow.

Listen up Topshop, your cool, I mean seriously British cool. You're what makes the UK high-street complete, we flock to your on-trend overpriced pieces season after season. Then just like that you employ KATE BOSWORTH to lead your Christmas campaign (link), who let's not forget found fame in a SURFING movie. Mind blown. Just.. why? Out of everyone in fashion land? I'm so confused. Dig out Alexa Chung for christ's sake, the all-praised English fashion 'icon', or Georgia Jagger, Olivia Parlermo (not British, but still effortlessly cool), Aggy Deyn or even Cara what'sit? Sort it out Phillip.

Having finished half of my Christmas shopping (amen for internet shopping & feeling terrible guilt for the postman who can now juggle three ASOS parcels whilst jogging SAS style up the steep driveway) I'm now finding the tedious task of finding the right Christmas cards. Who knew it could be so hard? Maybe my expectations are far to high, all I ask for is a) a little glitter b) fairly cute design c) not to break the bank d) a reasonable amount included - who ever buys a pack of 5?! Last year I resorted to making my own, roughly meaning I stuck bits together from a M&S craft box and smugly wrote in silver pen 'made by Sarah.' Fun, but way too much faff. Anyone have any good recommendations for cards?

A few things I certainly must mention: make sure you watch Claridges on BBC iPlayer (amazing), isn't it super awkward when old uni 'friends' stalk your profile on Linked In? Make sure you snap up an Origins bauble filled with lots of samples for a bargainous £6, how cute? I've started my tally on how many cans of Pringles I will digest this holiday season. Nail Growing Gate 2 is also taking place, in part of a bet whereby if I bite them Matthew won't get me any Christmas presents - how evil - any tips for growing nails? Tomorrow I'm off to Selfridges to play with Burberry make-up with Aisling, how heavenly.

Right well I'm going to retire (posh word alert) with a cup of peppermint tea and pin my life away on Pinterest (link!) - I literally cannot wait till Christmas. Or The Hobbit for that matter, Martin Freeman is my ultimate geek crush, yes sir re.

*(in fact it's fucking rancid - trust me to pick up the Liquorice one, but hell I've waited all year to use this baby!)

Post Title : Thought of the Day

Thought of the Day,

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...