Fancy a cake do we?

Overly pretty and rather whimsical are the cake-stands that have adorned our high-streets over the past few months, becoming a must-have in the world of baking and such. Marvellous as they might be for holding dainty scrumptious treats, I decided that I really did need one.. but truth be told I had no actual need for one. For starters, the thought of myself baking is strictly off the agenda (though I can make a mean white chocolate crispy cake I'll have you know) and secondly, if there was cake to be had, I can certainly assure you it wouldn't stand around long enough in my presence to warrant a pretty place for it to stand. So whipping out my thinking cap, I made this awfully pretty Cath Kidston cake stand a home for all my knick-knacks. 
Photobucket
Photobucket

Spray Flowers Cake-Stand - Cath Kidston (£30.00)

Perching neatly on my dressing room table, all my essentials sit rather perfectly at arms reach. On the first stand we have my every day jewellery pieces (post to follow soon!) as well as providing a safe haven for my pesky glasses. Any one else own a pair of troublesome glasses that have a habit of hiding as soon as you take them off? It's bad enough being blind as bat, let alone being blind and not being able to find your glasses, living in fear you may hear that crunching sound. Just me? Alrighty then. 

Photobucket

Moving swiftly on to the next shelf, It has been adorned with my night-time skin care must-haves, most notably Avene eye cream, Liz Earle Multi-use Balm, Aesop Serum and a deliciously smelling Laura Mercier hand cream. Accompanied by a few necklaces that have been thrown off before bed, Jimmy Choo fragrance and a Nars lipstick I am determined to finish. 

Photobucket

And last but not least, we have the official dumping ground for nail varnish. Steadily trying to work myself through my extensive nail varnish collection (whoops) using a different polish every week, the used varnishes then transfer over to the third shelf. In regards to the abundance of red polish, you can certainly tell it was Christmas not long back. 

So there we have it, another random but rather useful (and pretty) way to use a cake-stand. With so much 'stuff' I love finding different bits and bobs for storage, keeping everything organised but accessible. You certainly know you've spent too much time on Pinterest when you come to the end of your glass Nutella jar and have a million ideas of how to recycle it - a little home for my cotton buds if you were wondering - rather genius if I do say so. Do you have any tips or tricks to share?  
Post Title : Fancy a cake do we?

Fancy a cake do we?,

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...