Me Myself & I

Well hello, rather nice of you to join me. I'm in quite a chatty mode, so brace yourself and arm yourself a rather large cup of tea (or something stronger - you may need it). If you've been here right from the blogging beginning I'm sure we are rather well acquainted, however if you've recently joined along for the ride I thought I would do a get-to-know each other post. I popped on my thinking cap and whipped out some rather interesting facts about me, just so - you know - incase you ever happen get stuck and in need of some Sarah trivia. 


 1)  I have a disgustingly awful habit of mimicking people's accents I'm talking to, especially welsh. Also ironic, If you have an accent I probably won't understand it. There once was a very disgruntled Scottish sales assistant in Starbucks who nearly punched me.

 2)  Cannot deal with spicy food or scary movies to save the life of me. Living on the absolute edge is Nando's Lemon and Herb and I'm still breathing FIRE. I had nightmares for WEEKS after watching Signs, pah.

 3)  On a regular occurrence I have very vivid dreams, serious action scenes and tense moments included; I've had terrorists in my village to murder stake outs. Slightly alarming, but hey, if any one's reading from the BBC, I've got some banging drama scripts up my sleeve.

 4)  The name Sarah struck my parents apparently after two things: 1) my dad listened to Thin Lizzy's 'Sarah' and 2) my mum decided I shouldn't be called Sarah Sandiford incase of a lisp, that was settled, I was to be Sarah Sandiford, lisp and awful music aside.

 5)  I have been lucky to travel on holiday to some amazing places, my absolute favourite being Cuba - I could happily just live on a beach there. However, the Sandiford's are prone to natural disasters, acts of god, terrorist attacks, gun shootouts and all round nut-jobs. And I still need therapy from that rubdown at Gatwick last year for wearing a statement necklaces through security.


 6)  Matthew and I have been together 10 years in June. I met him aged nearly-14 on my first day of Year 8 English class and thought he was horrible, since then things have changed (a little) and we have been together since. He can make me laugh till I cry and I know what he's done wrong, before he's even done it.

 7)  The thought of eating chocolate cake repulses me.

 8)  Love a well written grisly crime fiction novel, sod anything romantic, give me a murder suspect. Currently addicted to Jo Nesbo and reading my entire local library.

 9)  I sneeze approximately eight to ten times a day, not sure why. Big, blow your socks off sneezes that scare the shit of you. Most commonly occur during awkward silences, theatre performances or whilst riding the tube.

 10)  I cannot drive or cook. I have no plans to change this any time soon. I spend the majority of my life on a train and can make a seriously mean white chocolate crispy cake.



 11)  Later on in life, I want to spend my time volunteering and working with old people, there's nothing like listening to a life story or two. I currently work in retail with a bunch of old lady customers, they are some of the sweetest but loneliest people I know of. 

 12)  I have the gift of the absolute gab, I could talk to a lamp-post.

 13)  I was voted 'most likely to become famous' at school, obviously still working on this.

 14)  My favourite guilty pleasure foods are: Ferreor Rochers, chicken kebabs and mushy peas. I find the word 'diet' personally offensive. I have been known to beat my male friends at all you can eat before, oh yes.

 15)  I have very strong OCD tendencies that only my family, close friends and work colleagues know of.  It used to be horrendous, but I'm slowly working through it. I will check taps religiously, locked doors and hair straighteners over and over. My neighbours must think I'm bat shit crazy, but there was a point when I was too anxious to leave the house unless someone was with me/still at home. I feel embarrassed to type that.


 16)  The one song that can put a smile on my face is: (link).

 17)  I have a strange fascination with Nike dunk trainers, I would love to start and grow a collection.

 18)  I adore rnb, grime, hip-hop music. I would beat you hand's down in a rap-off. It's my secret party trick only a few friends have witnessed.

 19)  I am a die-hard Star Wars nerd, I have a t-shirt to prove it and have mini-marathons every now a then. Strictly the original series though. Are these the droids you are looking for eh? Also have a very strong love affair in the film-world for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (cornetto anyone?).

 20)  My tipple of choice is a rum cocktail or a cold beer.


 21)  The thought of going into the sea barefoot scares the living daylights out of me and I will always wear scuba diving shoes (keeping it sexy), yet documentaries on all things to do with sea-life truly fascinate me.

 22)  I have very gammy knees, in-fact I haven't crouched or knelt down in over a year. Even seeing someone kneel makes me shudder. Should I do so, my leg 'locks' and I have to adopt a desk chair as a make-shift wheelchair.

 23)  I'm not all that sold on getting married, though I would quite like a big ceremony in Kew Gardens, dancing in the glass greenhouse, wearing Jenny Packham singing my heart out to 80's classics.

 24)  Contrary to the title of this blog, I live in a village where there is approximately more farm animals than people. Sorry about that.

 25)  My karaoke song of choice is Independent Woman by Destiny's Child.


 26)  I will go above and beyond to help people and listen, even if thats helping a crying tourist who broke up with her boyfriend on New Years (who couldn't speak English, awkward with hella lot of snot) or listen to anyone's dramas. Can't keep a secret to save my life though.

 27)  I cry at anything and everything. Inherited this from my Grandmother.

 28)  I am a dreadful speller and have immense difficultly reading letters and numbers aloud/writing them down. The four spellings I should really learn are: obvious, opinion, sandwich and jewellery.

 29)  I get insane fits of giggles during eye-tests and head massages at the hair dressers.

 30)  I once wrote some exceptionally magnificent sex questions/answers for Zoo magazine, hidden talent or what?

Well there's me in a nutshell ;-)

Post Title : Me Myself & I

Me Myself & I,

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...