It's you, it's you, it's all for you.

Out of nowhere i've developed a head cold, so instead of moping about i decided to scrub every inch of one's self and pamper; failing miserably to disguise my very red nose. I decided to whip out a bunch of Liz Earle products i treated myself with some Christmas money, which is very naughty as i usually save it! I had long heard about Liz Earle before it exploded within the digital press from my manager at work, of whom i share a very bad addiction to skin care with. She kindly let me borrow a sample or two, and i was then on was hooked on the Liz Earle shampoo and conditioner. For a long time i had been really wanting to trial some of the collection favourites, especially the mask & exfoliator, finally i bit the bullet to ordered a set from QVC. I think the products are pretty legendary in terms of quality, but like most high-end brands there are always cheaper greater alternatives. So if your happy with your own routine, don't fall into the hype and spurge on the entire range (like me - hah), but try bits and bobs at a time. 


I did my research prior to buying, listing the main items i wanted to trail. The best offers i found were on QVC, but you do miss the rather lovely packaging and mini sample that you get when ordering from Liz Earle website direct. The set i purchased has since sold through, but if you were looking to stock up on favourites QVC do some fantastic bumper deals, or like me this set of miniatures is a fab way of testing a bit of everything for under £45!






First up is the infamous Cleanse and Polish, the iconic Liz Earle product thats racked up a fair few awards and a loyal fan base. You apply the thick herbal scented cleanser over dry skin, then wash away with a warm wet muslin cloth, which exfoliates and removes make-up/grime at the same time. My thoughts? I love the concept and product, but personally i can't be assed. I prefer to use a foaming wash in the shower in the evening, not spend ages smearing mascara all over my face. I do however, think this is the perfect product for a morning cleanse. Since taking up jogging (!) in the morning, i use this to wash off all the grime (and sweat), ready for make-up application. Its super quick and easy, perfect for drunk make-up removal too. Massive brownie points.


The Skin Tonic is essentially a toner, a product that ladies know they should use, but haven't actually got a clue why. A quick swipe of this in the morning or evening, after cleansing, ensures that there is no cleanser or product left on the skin. A perfect accomplice to Cleanse and Polish i'd say, but since trading in my harsh Clinique Blemish toner, my skin is loving the fresh soothing boost. Although i dare say you could definitely skip this.


This is the disappointment of the collection for me, in-fact all the Liz Earle sample moisturisers i've tried  i have left me gagging. Why? The smell of it reminds me of a herbally old granny. I work with grannies/nanas part-time and i'm pretty used to their powdery floral perfume, but alas, i'm far to young to join them. I can still smell it on the skin hours after application and under make-up, bleurgh. I realise this is a personal preference, but do have a whiff before you buy. Also slightly disappointed it doesn't contain an SPF, sort it out Liz.


The Liz Earle Gentle Exfoliator is a true winner in my books. Being a firm fan of St Ives Apricot scrub, my world came tumbling when some of the gritty particles wound up in my eye, itchy and sore to say the least. The Gentle Exfoliator is what it says on the tin, slightly dubious as to whether it would give me baby soft skin like the St Ives, it performed just as well, but better. The formula is thick and luxiourous, and i like it. The grains are less nitty gritty but work just the same, but with the product being thick it allows one to apply the needed amount of pressure you desire. Nothing worse than a slippery, all over the shop face product.


The Brightening Mask is another pleasure to use, even for the menthol scent alone. Applied to dry skin and left up to two minutes, i can feel it being soothed by the Aloe Vera but being medicated by the Witch Hazel and White Clay. I can't say i notice much in radiance (which i thought was originally its purpose) but the mask certainly softens and boosts my skin. A lovely treatment when feeling under the weather.


The Orange Flower Body Wash was an added extra in my bundle that i didn't specifically set out to trial, but my gosh what a luxury! Its thick consistency lathers very well, especially for an SLS free product. It also forms the perfect foam for shaving, one to set by for special occasions i think or when i'm need of a good pamper. As mentioned this product is sulphate free which is perfect for me, if i use other body washes that do contain sulphates i scratch like crazy, and wake up looking like a crazed crack addict. You get the picture. 


Last but not least, the Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner are firm favourites of mine. I do love to swap around my hair products, but i always seem to come back to these. Again free of SLS, they make my hair incredibly shiny and healthy. Though its not as moisturising as other conditioners, hair is left hydrated - just not as silky smooth as others. So be warned if you have rather dry hair. 

Have you tried Liz Earle? I know your probably sick of reading about the brand if your a blog reader, but i did purchase this bundle myself! And i thought i'd stick in my two cents.
Post Title : It's you, it's you, it's all for you.

It's you, it's you, it's all for you.,

It's you, it's you, it's all for you.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...